Update (10/14/2020): We are now seeing students in-person in our Learning Centers (Point Loma and Oceanside) as of September 8, 2020 for 1-1 sessions and assessments.
The Learning Center may remain open as an essential service even during and “intermittent closure.”
Update (10/14/2020): Excelsior Academy is currently doing virtual learning.
Update (9/22/2020): Foundations Academy will reopen for in-person learning on September 28, 2020.
- For the County to exit from the monitoring list, it must have 3 straight days of improved COVID criteria followed by 14 consecutive days of continued improvement.
- With this in mind, if San Diego County has 10 days of positive criteria, Banyan Tree will inform parents.
- This information will be sent out via email.
- This information also will be on the Banyan Tree website’s COVID page (this page).
- Parents receiving transportation will receive more information as it is known.
- Keep checking Banyan Tree’s website for information.
10/1/2020 TESTING UPDATE:
As of October 1, 2020, the County will be setting up COVID-19 testing sites for teachers, students, and school personnel in San Diego, Chula Vista, Del Mar and El Cajon.
The sites, set up in partnership with the San Diego County Office of Education, will offer testing without an appointment to maximize the number of tests administered.
Students in grades K-12 can get tested at the following locations:
– Rady Children’s Hospital: Email firstname.lastname@example.org·
– Kaiser Permanente: Visit www.kp.org
– County of San Diego Site: Visit 211sandiego.org or call 2-1-1
Free tests are also available at any of the County-coordinated sites that can be found at www.211sandiego.org. The County is working to transition the majority of its sites to those that will not require an appointment. To find a no-appointment site near you, or to make an appointment, visit www.211sandiego.org or call 2-1-1. You can view the testing sites by day here.
Banyan Tree Educational Services Reopening Plan:
Unfortunately, BTES on-campus learning cannot happen at this time. When it can, this is the plan we will be implementing in order to keep student and staff safety as our primary focus.
BTES Reopening Plan: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
Subscribe to the latest COVID-19 updates.